"would it kill ya to comment" Logic is Variable asks you read this and comment

Rao Dilshad Hussain

~a place to rave, rent and debate~

Q & A with Meera


Actress Irtaza Rubab popularly known as Meera has lately become a globe trotter concentrating more on building her image than her work as an artiste. In a tete-a-tete with Sunday Plus she revealed for the first time that her showbiz career started at the age of nine. This fact remained a secret for reasons known to her alone. Her debut film was ‘Kaanta’ with Ghulam Mohyuddin playing the male lead. Since then she has acted in about 60 films.


School?
Ummmm…let me think. It was an ordinary school. Right now I don’t remember its name. I think it was in Gulberg, Army Public School. No it was some other school. I don’t exactly remember the name. I think it was Gulberg School Lahore. I studied there till grade 7. Later I did my Matriculation as a private candidate.

I wish the school had taught me... I used to parody Benazir Bhutto and dress like her at school events. I wish they had taught me better than that.

University?
I have completed many diplomas from Oxford University, UK, in direction, filmmaking, business and body language. Then I went to Canada and completed short courses in history, filmmaking and different languages. I am also a fashion designer and got professional degree from Stony Brook University, Canada that also has a sub campus in New York. These days I am studying politics and business.

I was happiest when...
I learn something new everyday and remain happy all the time

My greatest fear is...
Defeat. I am very ambitious and am afraid to fail in life.

The lowest point in my life was...
The last two years of my career got wasted in controversies.

The living person I most admire is...
Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts and Aishwarya Rai

Your first showbiz assignment…
‘Istanbul’ TV commercial (she later confirmed that it was Ispaghol ad, which she did at the age of nine)

Any childhood memory
I spent most of my childhood in Haroonabad and Sheikhupura with my parents.

My most embarrassing experience was...
People always embarrass me and it has become part of my life. I don’t mind when people embarrass me.

The last book I read was...
President Musharraf’s ‘In the line of fire’

My fancy dress costume of choice would be...
Versace and Chanel’s sarees

The worst thing anyone’s ever said to me...
I don’t bother what is being said about me

I would love to have dinner with...
President Barrack Hussain Obama.

The closest I’ve ever come to death was...
No comments.

I would like to be remembered by...
It’s a secret.

I would like to be remembered as...
A good artiste

The most important thing life has taught me...
Everything is important and I am learning all the time.

If they made a film of my life the actor playing me would be...
The actor should not be from Pakistan and should be Hi-Fi.

And the actor playing my partner would be...
Shah Rukh Khan

If I were the Prime Minister I would...
Provide financial support to every Pakistani. If I was the PM I would ensure that everyone has a luxury car and end the poverty.

If I need to chill out I...
I go to world’s famous beaches. I have seen almost all the beautiful islands of the world.

The one place I want to visit before I die is...
Floda (Florida)

I love…
Myself

I hate…
No one

One thing I would change about myself would be…
I want to exercise daily but I am not able to do so because of my sleeping habits.

My favourite place to hang out is…
None of them are in Pakistan. They are in Goa, Maldives, Myanmar, Mauritius and Miami.

The best thing about being a Pakistani is…
Proud to be a Pakistani

One thing I would change about Pakistan is…
Education should be compulsory

In the last election I voted for…
I didn’t vote for anybody

In the next election I will vote for...
I have not decided yet

Labels: , ,

posted by Dilshad Rao @ 12:32 PM,

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Blogger Jalal HB said...

Interesting - at there is something to smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Catagories

ss_blog_claim=f6338c28c2430ba2bf30ce09bb975a06 ss_blog_claim=f6338c28c2430ba2bf30ce09bb975a06